Every relationship has its ups and downs. At the start of every relationship, the “honeymoon” period is very nice. Everyone’s in love and wants to spend time together. During the honeymoon face, every effort is directed towards the relationship. We are trying to secure the bag and know that you have put all it takes to ensure that the relationship is functional and lasts long. As the relationship progresses, the honeymoon phase slowly fades away, and the couple is ow safe and relaxed in it. This does not necessarily mean that the love has faded away, but it means that the both of you are now well acquainted with one another, are comfortable in the relationship. But how much comfort is comfortable? How do you know when your partner has stopped putting effort into the relationship? What if he is taking you for granted? What should you do in this case? This article will specifically focus on how to deal with such a partner.
Signs that he is taking you for granted.
● He stops respecting you. At the start of every relationship, he comes with all the respect in the world. It is showcased in the way he is talking to you. He will address you in such a manner that will make you feel loved, wanted, and respected. He will respect your opinions and your thoughts. He will also respect the decisions that you make. If he stops doing all this, then he has stopped respecting you.
● He is no longer putting in the effort. The effort he put in to get you is not there anymore. You feel like you are the only one holding the relationship in place.
● When you are no longer his priority, when the excuses start, “I was with my friends, that’s one clear sign that you are not his priority. Let’s face it, a person who takes you as a priority will not put anything before your happiness.
● The most important sign to look out for is when he avoids intimacy. If he always creates an excuse when it’s time for intimacy, and there is no perfect explanation. Then he is simply neglecting your needs.
These are just among the few signs that you should look out for when in a relationship that turns out unexpectedly. So what do you do to some who has completely neglected you in the relationship? How do you discipline someone like this? How do you make them regret their actions?
How to make him regret taking you for granted?
- Talk to him about his recent behavior. Communication is key in a very relationship. Tell him that you have been feeling neglected in the relations. Express your desire for him to put in more effort. Express that you want to be heard and respected in the relationship. See if he considers your feelings. If this does not work, then it’s about time to consider the options below.
- Get a life!- always being around your partner makes him think you have nothing to do. Well, you have a job, yes, you are probably spending every weekend together, which is fine, but once he starts creating excuses for him missing out on your hangouts, it is about time you did the same. Create a schedule for your alone activities. Read a book, go on picnics, visit an art gallery alone or with friends. Create a different schedule of your time without including him. Let him feel the absences. As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
- Stop doing things for him. As simple as this may sound. It works. And this will work best for a couple that lives together. Maybe his love language is Acts of service, so for you to make him breakfast, dinner, do his laundry for me used to work. But of late, all these things have become such a norm that he longer appreciates the effort you put in. it’s about time to stop it. Let him wonder why he suddenly has to do things himself. He will slowly realize that all these things have not been doing themselves all along. He will appreciate your work more.
- Look Gorgeous. Yes! The answer is always to look good. Get a new wardrobe for yourself. Put on your makeup. Wear those nice pair of heels I’ve been saving for a special occasion. When you are always looking good, he will always put in more effort. For one reason, he will feel threatened because he is not the only one that is seeing you. So he has to put in more effort. He will have to appreciate you more.
- Don’t be afraid to cancel plans with him- how many times has he canceled plans that you have made together? So why should you feel sorry for canceling plans with him? Be bold enough to cancel plans. i will sting a bit because you love him, and you want to spend as much time with him as possible, but it will pay off. Let him wonder what important matter you had to handle that made you cancel on him.
- Set clear boundaries in the relationship. As hard as this may sound, it is important that you set boundaries with him. The boundaries are there to protect you in the relationship’s recent changes. Look out for when he is crossing those boundaries. Let him know that he is crossing your boundaries when he does some of the things he’s doing. Make it as clear as possible.
- Start withdrawing slowly. Don’t tell him about your life, including your plans and the decisions you are making. Someone who cares about you will ask about it. They will be actively involved in your life without feeling like you are forcing them. If he doesn’t ask, then do not tell.
- Do not settle for less. You may wonder what is less—less in terms of everything: in terms of his time and effort. Let him put as much effort as he puts in ensuring that he spends time with his friends. If he could give you the whole bread at the start of the relationship, why are you settling for breadcrumbs?
- Set a mental deadline. It is important that after you have communicated your feelings to him, you set a mental deadline. Give him time to rethink his actions towards the whole relationship. This also allows you time to let him do what he needs to do without your interference. It gives you time to take a break from overthinking the relationship.
- Re-evaluate the relationship. Harsh! I know. But what is the need of being in a relationship where you are disrespected and neglected? Rethink all these aspects. You have actually held onto the relationship, and you are tired. It’s a big decision you have to think about. In most scenarios, people make a pros and cons list of being in a relationship. Then only you can decide whether it is worth the struggle or not.
- Start playing hard to get. You often respond to his messages as fast as they come in. whenever he calls, you pick on the first rings. It’s time to stop that. Take a while to respond to his text messages. Let his calls go to voicemail. Refrain from commenting on his social media posts. Let him feel like you are also neglecting him. It’s called fighting fire with fire. Treat him as he has been treating you. Let him feel the way he has been making you feel. When you beat him at his own game, he will either level up or come down.
- Remove him from the equation. When you thought about these options, it means that you have already tried all the other ways to get by but to no avail. It will hurt, of course, but it is about time to remove him from the equation. It starts mentally, has fun by yourself, let him know that you are perfectly fine without him. It sounds very vengeful, but it is for the best. You know what you deserve by cutting him mentally. Because you no longer have any expectations when it comes to him, you are less hurt by his actions. When you remove him from the equation mentally, doing it will not be hard. Your mind has already adjusted, and you are generally tired. It’s time to walk away.
As an individual, you know the love that you serve. You expect that your significant other will, in turn, reciprocate the love that you give, and you will live happily ever after. But things change, and you have held on long enough. It’s time to let go. The longer you hold on, the more you keep on hurting yourself. Sometimes the best way to have control is to let go of that control button. Go on and enjoy your life without him. The best way to make him regret taking you for granted is by actually being happy without him.