Wondering how to tell if someone is flirting with you over text messages? Although body language can be hard to understand over text messages, there are some signs that can help indicate whether or not someone is flirting with you.
Sometimes, it is difficult to tell if someone is flirting with you over text. This is because there are different types of signs that can indicate whether or not they like you. If you notice these signs, then the person might be playing with your feelings. But here are some pointers that will help you tell if he/she is into you or not:
There are many ways to tell if someone is flirting with you over text. Some people assume it’s easy, but there are a few subtle signs you should be looking out for.
1. They keep on mentioning anything about their “love life”.
2. Their texts contain a lot of emoticons and emojis.
3. They ask a lot of questions about your own love life too / they want to know more about you as well as themselves (this often happens on first contact).
4. You already know each other in real life, so they refer to anything that has happened between the two of you before – any little inside jokes or memories of good times together etc… really helps build up trust early on.
5. Someone can be flirting with you just by using your name more often than anyone else that has ever texted you before (they might not even know your name but they’re sure to try and find out) – this is sometimes quite hard to catch, so don’t worry if it doesn’t happen straight away.
6. They take a very long time to reply back or you find yourself having to reply for them – this is usually an indication of low confidence levels and also shows how much someone chooses what they say before sending their messages across to another person.
7. They compliment you every now and again, but only when the conversation gets boring instead of bringing up something interesting themselves – who are confident in themselves often find it hard to break the ice early on, so they try complimenting others to help somehow.
8. They will ask you something that they’re not really interested in – for example, if someone asks you what time your train is arriving because they live near the station opposite yours etc… this is quite an easy one to spot, but if someone actively seeks to learn where you are from or where you work out of interest, then there’s a good chance they are flirting with you.
9. Use these signs as guidelines only – everyone is different and other people might have other ways that they show their attraction instead of just following patterns which should never be taken too seriously during communication.
10.The number of messages indicates their level of interest
If they send excessive messages on a regular basis, then they might like you more than what meets the eye. Try increasing the gap between messages and see how many messages they send again. Does the number correspond to how much time has passed? Or do they continue sending multiple messages even though it’s been some time? This will give you an idea of their level of interest.
11. They might be flirting with someone else too
Does this person have a different group of friends? Or do they have a lot of other connections on social media? If so, then the chances are that they do not care about your feelings. Perhaps he or she is playing with you too by flirting with both at the same time. On the other hand, if your partner limits his/her interactions to just one friend-group and does not show any signs of being flirtatious, it could be that they don’t want to hurt your feelings or lead you on in any way. In this case, there’s a high chance that they like you more than what meets the eye.
12.Show enthusiasm in texts
If you begin to notice that they send longer messages and appear enthusiastic about the conversation, then there’s a good chance that you’re on their mind even when they’re not with you. In this case, it is likely that they have feelings for you too. However, if your partner tends to reply back in one or two words and never appears interested in the conversation, then the chances are that he/she does not care about your feelings at all; possibly leading on multiple people at once instead of just you.
Pay attention to punctuation and how the other person uses emoticons. If their messages are short without any punctuation at all, then they might not be trying to flirt. However, if they add lots of punctuation, especially question marks and exclamation points, then they are probably asking something flirtatious or appearing excited talking with you.
Pay attention to the other person’s use of emoticons. If they don’t use many emoticons or just stick to a standard “happy” face, then they might not be flirting with you. However, if they send a lot of different emoticon options and ask for your opinion on which ones best match their text message, then they are likely trying to flirt.
Listen to the kind of compliments they give you and pay attention to what they say about themselves. If all they talk about is how great you look and never mention anything nice about themselves, this may be an attempt at flirting. However, if their compliments go both ways or don’t make it clear who is being complimented most often, then it’s probably not flirting.
Observe how the other person uses your name. If they always refer to you as “my love” or something similar, then they might be trying to flirt with you through their text messages. However, if they never call you by a nickname and always use your first and last names, then it’s probably not flirting.
Consider whether the timing of their messages seems odd. If it is 2 am on a week night or early in the morning on a weekend, then they might be drunk and trying to flirt with you over text instead of picking up the phone and calling where someone can hear them slurring words. However, if they message during typical hours of sleep or just around meal times, then it’s probably not the case.
Pay attention to how often they text you compared to other people in your life. It’s normal for people who are flirting with you to make sure to send you a message every day or multiple times a day, especially if there is no time that they don’t hear from you. However, if this pattern doesn’t hold, then it might be because of another reason besides flirting.
Ask yourself whether the way they talk about themselves sounds like bragging. If all their statements sound self-centered and boastful instead of humble and grateful, then it might be an attempt at flirting by trying to seem more impressive than they actually are. However, if their statements include lots of compliments for you and not themselves, then it’s probably not flirting.
These tips can help you to tell if someone is flirting with you over text messages without having to wonder if they actually like you or not. If none of these sound familiar, then the person probably isn’t interested in flirting with you and just likes talking about themselves a lot. However, if most of them fit the other person’s behavior and tone, then they might be trying to flirt with you and looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Similarly, if your partner responds immediately after receiving your message (and vice versa), while ignoring others who text them simultaneously, then it could be because he/she wants your interactions more than anyone else’s. In this case, there’s a good chance that they do not want to hurt your feelings by leading on multiple people simultaneously. So if you notice these signs and indications of their interest level, then it is likely that they have feelings for you too.