Relationships can be complicated. Breakups occur for several reasons. When you end a relationship, you expect your boyfriend to have certain feelings about the breakup. If you have been together for a while and you end things, you expect your boyfriend to be sad, angry, and even resentful. If he shows none of these feelings, it can cause you to be sad, angry, and even resentful. If you want to know what to do and exactly what happened, read on. We can help you understand a bit more about why he didn’t care about the breakup and what to do after.
Why He Doesn’t Care
If you end things with your boyfriend and all he said was okay, there are a few possible reasons why he behaved this way.
• He wasn’t that serious about the relationship: If your boyfriend wasn’t very serious about you and the relationship itself, he wouldn’t have much of a reaction when things end. Some guys will stay in a relationship that they aren’t too invested in just to avoid the drama. When you end the relationship, it will be a relief for him, and he won’t have much of a reaction.
• He is too busy for a relationship: If your boyfriend has a lot going on and is too busy for a relationship, he might not have much of a reaction when you decide to end things. Not having to worry about the responsibilities of being a good boyfriend will be a weight off his shoulders. When he has one less thing to worry about, he will be okay with the end of the relationship.
• He’s interested in someone else: If your boyfriend is interested in someone else, he will be alright when you decide to end things. This will give him a chance to start something with the other girl he’s interested in. He won’t be upset about the end of the relationship because he hasn’t been 100 percent devoted to the relationship.
• He was cheating on you: If your boyfriend has been cheating and you ended the relationship, he won’t be too concerned if you end the relationship. The end of your relationship will allow him to be with the other girl out in the open without worrying about getting caught. He may also be relieved that you ended things, so he doesn’t need to feel guilty about getting caught and hurting you. If there is another woman in his life, he will be fine with you ending the relationship because he has another one to fall back on.
• He’s worried about what people will think: Some guys are very proud. When something bad happens, like a breakup, your boyfriend may be worried about what his friends and family might think. The best way to protect his pride is to act like he doesn’t care that you broke up with him. If he pretends that he doesn’t care, he won’t need to worry about people pitying him, which a proud person hates. Even if the end of the relationship is tearing him up inside, he will pretend that it doesn’t.
• You were a placeholder: If your boyfriend was with you to pass the time while he searched for “the one,” he won’t care too much when you end things. You weren’t the right person for him, so the end of the relationship won’t be too painful for him.
• He always thought he was too good for you: If your boyfriend has a high opinion of himself and always felt that he was too good for you, he won’t care too much when you end things. Narcissistic guys who think they are God’s gift believe that they can have any girl they want. If you don’t match that type, he won’t care about the breakup because it will give him a chance to find what he considers a “quality girl.”
What To Do After
When you end the relationship and your boyfriend doesn’t care, there are a few things that you can do to move on and feel better about the way things ended.
• Understand there is nothing you can do to make him sad: If your boyfriend doesn’t seem to care that your relationship has come to an end, there is nothing you can do to make him care. You can’t control his emotions, but you can control your own. If you try to force feelings from him, it will hurt more and leave you frustrated.
• Avoid contact: If your boyfriend doesn’t care that you ended the relationship, the best thing you can do is cut him out of your life for good. If he didn’t care that things have ended, there is no reason to keep him in your life. Don’t call him, text him, or contact him on social media. It is best to block him on social media. The last thing you need is to see him moving on with a girl he seems to care a lot more about than he did you.
• Focus on you: One of the good things about ending a relationship is that you can start focusing on yourself. When you no longer need to put your time and energy into a relationship, you can start figuring out who you are as a single person. Going to the gym, taking up a hobby you have always been interested in, and learning more about who you are will all help you feel better. Focusing on yourself will also prepare you for your next relationship.
• Don’t go digging for answers: The worst thing you can do is start digging for answers. If you suspect that there was another girl, trying to find proof will be a waste of your time because there is nothing you can do about it. Also, the truth could end up hurting more than your boyfriend not caring about the breakup did.
• Don’t forget: You may want to forget about your ex altogether, but you shouldn’t forget about the circumstances of the breakup. Every experience in your life is a learning experience. You can use what you learned from this breakup to see the signs that it is time to break up earlier, which will avoid the same pain in the future.
• Don’t jump into a rebound relationship: The end of a relationship can change your life completely, even if it was your decision. Many people move on with someone else on the rebound, which is a mistake. Rebound relationships often don’t last, and you will find yourself in a situation similar to the one you just got out of. It is best to wait until you are fully healed, and you are no longer hurt and angry about your ex’s reaction to the breakup.
• Don’t go back to him: The biggest mistake you can make is to try to get back together after you end things. If he didn’t care that you broke up with him, he isn’t going to care about you the way you deserve if you get back together. He showed his true colors when the relationship ended by not caring, and there is a good chance that he will never change.
• Reconnect with friends: When you are in a relationship, you spend a lot of time with your boyfriend, putting relationships with friends on the back burner. When you end things with your boyfriend, it is the perfect time to reconnect with your friends again. You will need your friends now more than ever to keep your ex and his reaction to the breakup off your mind.
When you end a relationship, you worry about your ex being hurt. You don’t want him to become deeply depressed, but you also want him to have some feelings about the end of something that was once beautiful. If your boyfriend simply says, “Okay,” and doesn’t seem to care that you ended things, it will leave you feeling confused and even a little hurt.
There are several reasons why he could be acting this way, and you need to try your best not to blame yourself. If you let his feeling affect you, it will harm your self-esteem and can affect the way your future relationships play out. This kind of baggage can make it difficult to have a happy, healthy relationship in the future.
The best thing you can do is realize that it is his loss, and if you didn’t seem to care that you ended things, he isn’t worth caring about. It is best to forget about him and focus on yourself and your relationships with your friends and family members. You should also use this relationship as a learning experience in your relationships in the future.
If your boyfriend doesn’t seem to care that you ended things, you should stop caring also. You cannot control how he feels, but you can do your best to control how you feel. If he doesn’t care that you ended things, you won’t need to worry about any drama. His lack of feelings can be hurtful; however, you should look at it as a chance to get out of the relationship free and clear, so one day, you can find someone who values your relationship and values you as well.
What do you think?