Men are not simple creatures. You can’t just buy them a tie and expect that they will like it. If you want to make him happy, you need to consider what he likes and what would be meaningful for him. Here are some ideas of thoughtful things to do for your boyfriend:
– Cook his favorite meal because nothing says “I love you” more than taking time out of your day to create food for someone else. Get creative! Make a bunch of different dishes, so he has dinner options when he gets back from work late and doesn’t want anything heavy. Bonus points if they’re all healthy options.
-If your boyfriend has any favorite sports teams, go watch their games with him. It’ll be exciting and can double as date night (if they play at home). If he doesn’t have any favorites but likes following what happens in sports, try watching an NBA team together over basketball season. Find out when they play on TV so you don’t miss a match-up because all too quickly, there will only be playoffs left!
– Prepare breakfast for him. If you don’t know what he likes, ask his mom or dad and try to make something similar. Find a cute way to serve it, too – like in bed!
-Play a game together that’s new for the both of you – ideally something cooperative like Settlers of Catan or Carcassonne, which is more fun if you’re working with someone else to beat them!
– Clean out the fridge of old food that’s been there for weeks. Make sure your kitchen is stocked with fresh fruits and veggies and healthy snacks like granola bars or nuts, so he doesn’t go on scavenger hunts around town at 11 pm hungry.
– Leave little love notes all over the house when you’re not home telling him how much you miss him and then hiding them again before he gets back from work so that they’ll be found later by accident (they can still be romantic even if they were written on a scrap of paper).
– Plan an activity you know he’ll like, but that might be too expensive or not your thing. If it’s something enjoyable like skiing or skydiving, do some research to ensure there are places in town where those things can happen.
– Get him a new shirt that says how much you love him or what he means to you. You can also buy one of his favorite colognes and put it on the inside pocket – then when he smells himself later, not only will your scent still be there, but so will the message!
– Take time out of your day to go for a walk together. It doesn’t matter where; just enjoy being in each other’s company and get some fresh air while simultaneously getting closer as a couple. This is doubly great because if done at night, turn off all lights around before returning home so that they’re not too bright outside and scare away any wildlife nearby like deer, rabbits, or even coyotes. That way, if he’s still up, you can turn on the porch light and see him more clearly.
– Give your boyfriend his favorite dessert in a heart-shaped container with a note that says “I love you” or “You’re my world.” This is also great because they might be too excited to eat it right away, so let them savor it slowly over time (especially if there are leftovers!). They’ll never forget this special night when they get home tired from work and find their present waiting patiently on the counter.
-Bring him coffee in bed. Better yet, make breakfast! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and he needs it to start his day off right. What better way than with a fresh cup of joe from you? It will let him know that you were thinking about him before starting his busy workday or getting up for school/college classes.
-Leave a note on your boyfriend’s car windshield while they’re at work or out running errands- This can be something as simple as “I miss you” to more flirtatious like “hello handsome.”. Leaving small notes around town lets your guy know how much he means to you even when he’s not physically there and creates an exciting game where each note leads to the next.
-Organize a date night in your town.-Date nights don’t need to be anything extravagant, but they should be planned well enough so that both parties have something new to look forward to! Get tickets and reservations for restaurants, shopping downtown or at stores where you know he’ll like it, etc. This will give him days of anticipation before knowing what’s going on (and make sure he doesn’t brush off any strange messages from his phone) so that when the big day comes, all his worries are washed away with a delicious meal and fun time spent together.
-Send flowers anonymously without an attached card as a surprise one morning while he is out running errands or just waking up after work/classes. It will make him smile and think of you all day long!
-Do his laundry for him (or go to the store, buy what’s needed, do it yourself). Your guy has enough things on his plate that he doesn’t need to worry about doing yours too.
-Draw love hearts all around the house: on bathroom mirrors while brushing teeth; on food shopping lists; inside cereal boxes at breakfast-time – anywhere! You’re making your life more beautiful just by saying those three words.
-Don’t forget to schedule in time for sex! Even if you’re not feeling sexy, being affectionate with each other will make you both feel more loved and attractive, which is always worth the effort.
-Read a book together-Cuddling up on the couch or in bed. It may sound silly, but it will help you both feel closer when discussing things like feelings and emotions seem difficult. This doesn’t even have to be for a big occasion–reading books together could become one! At the same time, reading can create an intimate atmosphere that allows for closeness and deepens your relationship as each person has their insights into what’s being read.
– Share a secret or two that only he knows. It’s not necessary to tell him all your secrets, but as long as they’re small enough and it doesn’t make you feel uncomfortable–sharing one or two with him will give an added sense of intimacy. It could be something like “I was afraid I wouldn’t get into college,” “I have always wanted to learn how to play guitar,” etc. Keep in mind that this isn’t just for explaining who we are and why someone makes us happy!
– Include heartfelt promises which would never change no matter what happens. This may seem strange at first because there is nothing specific being promised, but the sentiment is what matters most. You can promise to always love him and be by his side as long as you both shall live or just say that he will never have to worry about finding someone else who loves him more than anything in this world.
– Tell a story- This doesn’t necessarily need to be elaborate–it could simply be sharing an amusing anecdote from your past, which reminds you of how much fun you’ve had together over the years!. It’s also possible to share something personal at this point if it feels right since we’re already breaking the rules.
– Cook a meal together. If you’re able to take some time out during the weekday, try cooking something new together and eating at the same table–you’ll be surprised how bonding this can feel! You may not have a lot of experience with cooking for yourself before, so don’t worry if things go wrong now or again in the future; just keep trying and see what happens! The good thing about sharing these moments is that they will always remind both of you why he means everything
– Watch television or movies together. There’s something special about seeing what someone else is thinking without having to ask them questions, so this can be a great way of getting to know more about each other. It also allows you the opportunity to cuddle up close in bed and feel like nothing else matters but how contented both of you are at that moment. Many people report feeling closer after watching TV shows with their significant others because they’re able to discuss it afterward and share thoughts.
When giving gifts as an adult, don’t forget about those little gestures that show people they are cared about! It’s never too late to do something thoughtful for your boyfriend. The key is to make sure you’re specific in what you want to give him – he’ll be more likely to appreciate it if you know his interests well enough. You can find plenty of ideas by browsing the web, asking friends or family members who have a husband/boyfriend, and looking at books with lists like this one.